Sunday, 1 March 2009

My Birthday!

For my 26th I had a whole weekend of celebration!!!
Everyone around me seemes to think birthdays is a huge thing. So I kinda tagged along. It started the day before with happy birthday texts and a nice lunch at one of my favourit places. Then I came home to be surprised by a flower bouquet. Wow. Since I'm not used to this, I felt awkward and called my sister swearing over having so over-caring friends!

In the evening I had gathered 12 of my friends for a late dinner at a tapas restaurant in St Gery. It was really nice! Great spirit, yummy food and jugs and jugs of sangria! Half of us afterwards continues to a bar for some mojitos.

The following day, my actual birthday, I couldn't cope with being social after Saturday's active day. So I just went to an Irish pub with a friend and watched Scotland loose (yet another) rugby game while eating heavy greasy salty food. That champagne brunch I had planned with a friend - what was I thinking!!!

After my friend (scottish) had dried his tears and I had stopped making fun of them, we decided to go to Cafe Belga which is a known classical bar/café in Brussels where we stumbled upon a jazz concert!

In the evening, I just couldn't be bothered going out for dinner so my birthday dinner ended up being kebabs from the libanese round the corner and some dvds with my friend. Who said there have to be cake, champagne and party when you can have irish pub food, kebabs and at quiet evening in the sofa!

Me and my swedish friend Sandra!

Why do I always look this weird on phots?!?!

They're trying to get me to stand up, a lot of them had bet against actually. But I was a big girl and standing up straight with my red blushing face.
Calum and Minna, and Katerina and Francine, from work
Mojitos!!!
Happy people!!!
The card I got! Actually, I was told that Excel was used to scramble who'd get which letter (it reads happy birthday)...I hang out wayyyy too much with engineers!

No comments: